Bass wood and cork, acrylics and oil,

Redrock1102.jpg

Mergs05_2.jpg
100_2178.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg
IMG_3442_2.jpg
IMG_2144.jpg
golde05.jpg

And a couple hundred plastics for when the buddies are a long!
IMG_5637.jpg

thanks for the feedback and pics i will post some pics of mine as soon as i can get my teenage daughter to show me how lol

Both handcarved cedar hollow and solid woodies from Mr Bob Hayden and Richard Hohler and a slew of LL Bean corks from the 70's and 80's.

BudEvansFarm2011003.jpg

Best - Paul

Between all our guides, we have about (16) sixteen dozen dekes.

Our newest guide is still floating plastics, but is quickly seeing the advantage of corkers & woods.

Whatever plastics the remainder of us had were donated to the kids @ the past youth hunts.

The rest of us float cork, wood, urethane (Blackwaters) & a few palm fronds in are rigs.

Sorry for the business plugs, I made the vid's to thank the carvers & for YouTube.

http://s288.photobucket.com/...010-2011lastday1.mp4

http://s288.photobucket.com/...RussellOwnbrants.mp4

http://s288.photobucket.com/...t=MikeBraunbills.mp4

Last edited:
I make a new rig for myself every year. I start by carving an original then I make molds of the originals so I can cast as many decoys as I want. This was this seasons rig. A few Bills, Cans, and Redheads.

DSCN0983.jpg

Nice rigs guys. Mine vary from season to season, but I always have cedar teal and black ducks. Sometimes a few pintails. I gun a Sean Sutton buffy that has been used for the past 10 years and he probably gunned it for 10 years before that.

Not a recent pic but one from a few seasons back............

I hunt about 40 hand carved cedar birds. Half and half divers and puddlers. Most are my own, but a few are from friends.

CIMG0031.jpg

CIMG0024.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

Hey Chuck, Could you at least dust and brush the cobb webs off that thing????? lol

Rodney, he gets dusted off every fall, with some nice muddy water...no exceptioins!

both plastic and carved. I use a dozen Full Curl mallard drakes and supplement with carved birds from there.
securedownload.jpg

mixed rig with several trade birds in with mine
P1030067.jpg

old early teal rig
DSCF0158.jpg

Great thread! I'm enjoying this one!(I enjoy them all) There are some killer rigs out there! Lots of inspiration for me!

Unfortunately, I still hunt my plastics, mostly mallards and geese, with a few repainted as wigeon, pintail, spoonie, and buffies. The foamers I've carved so far are all divers and not many. :( My time will come. My goal is to have an all foamer rig and weed out the plastic completely!

101_2308.jpg

P3010105.jpg

foamer_bluebills.jpg

D-DogPics032.jpg

plastic_repaints.jpg

101_2296.jpg

D-DogPics033.jpg

This post made me curious and I counted. All are hand carved and almost all are wooden birds made of white cedar. The tally was:
16 Mallards 13 Blacks
11 Teal 4 Pintail
5 Widgeon 2 Gadwall
6 Woodies 12 Goldeneyes
22 Scoter 21 Eider
14 Ringnecks 2 Ruddies
3 RB Mergansers 4 Common Mergansers
3 Hoodies 2 Canadas
7 Canvasback
1 Crow 1 Great Blue Heron
7 Bufflehead nearly finished.

I couldn't get them all in the picture.