What's on the bench -

Tom -

Clean lines, flowing form, attractive paint, Delaware River style, "Floating Sculpture".

Ya nailed it. Two Thumbs Way Up.

All your work was well worth it.

Thanks for the photo.

View attachment 002.JPGView attachment 003.JPGView attachment 004.JPG

These are repaints of some old hen mallards that had reached a point where they seldom saw action, largely because I grew tired of looking at them. I still have to finish the heads and bills as well as the speculum trim on some birds, but I won't likely get back to them prior the end of the month, given the pending snowfall and the excellent XC-skiing that will follow.

Last edited:
Drakes only...drakes only, until the call changes to shoot the drakes first!

Sorry Steve, I had to run out to unstick a vehicle. Karen called while I was responding to your post to tell me she was stuck and had to be there to prep for an ACL repair surgery, since Teresa was going to be late due to the storm (she drives in from their farm near Michigamme each day). When I asked her how she could be stuck driving a 4-wheel drive vehicle, she tersely replied that she could not climb over the vehicle that was stuck in front of her, broadside in the road out by the school. I got both the direct and subliminal messages, grabbed some shovels and the tow rope and dug the car out... I still got the NO Soup for you look, as she departed for the clinic!

Going to attempt to repair my status by making Thai curry tonight.

Last edited:
Good morning, Rutgers~

I love that alert (not scared)/active head posture. I look forward to the finished product.

All the best,

SJS

Back