What's on your Work Bench ? January 2019

Mark -

That is a good goal. Deep winter is prime carving time.

The season is still fresh in your mind. You can put new ideas, and techniques into your projects.

Have Fun.

Mark Jemison said:
I think I did a lot of things better than my last two, and have a lot of ideas on what to work on.

Mark,
Your hen will certainly draw in it's share of the real thing. IMHO you have a fine example of a working decoy.

The lion's share of "hobby" carvers (myself included) are always a bit hesitant to post our efforts, in light of the amazing work produced by others. Fortunately for us, the level of decency and comradery on this web site, allow us to both share our work, and be proud of our own level of accomplishment.

Coming along nicely Mark. It's nice when you can see improvements yourself from bird to bird.
Hope you have the time to get more done next month like you hope.

Time to put together a nice group of blacks, then move on to another species. Make what you hunt and hunt with what you make! That is what this lunacy is all about![w00t]

Thanks all!

Dave, I have been hesitant to share but posting motivates me to keep going. If it wasn't for the decency and comradery, as well as the helpful tutorials I probably wouldn't still be plugging along.

You got it George, happy with the blacks but next up will be some buffies.

Looking forward to our February thread.

Bob, those dead mounts are top shelf, or rather above, as well are the the other blocks and fish fakes above!

I just purchased this and travel in the next week or two to grab her up.

She is an all glass ( minus rub rail and boards) 2005 Barn sneak by Don Warren 12' x 52".

I am thinking to put a 7 hp Copperhead on her or maybe the 10 as this one is rated for such and I do like hp.

She will need a new rub rail, a few glass work areas and a new paint job and most importantly a cold winter in late 19.

2ec2jrs.jpg

Last edited:
Back