What's on your WORK BENCH ? - March 2020

All~

Three Amigos From the Bench of George Williams.

These are 3 Argentine Teal ready for sealing.

View attachment GW - Three Amigos - Argentine Teal.jpg

My own bench has several different decoy projects in varying stages of progress. So, I slipped in rehab of this book shelf I built ~ 1980. My son - having absconded (in full health) from Covid-19 Epicenter Manhattan - will fill it with books soon.

View attachment Book Shelf - painted satin Bayberry.JPG

These nice early Spring days mostly have me out with tractor and chainsaw, though....

All the best,

SJS

My new workbench is on my workbench for this month. I'm determined to have finished by next weekend...if I don't blow a gasket..I had plans to make a router sled..however the spool for the wire on welder went out....that was kinda the last straw of a crappy week....so I went to lowes and bought an electric hand planer..

View attachment 20200330_163649.jpg

Also been working on one of my Argentina pintails..although with light of the current situation, combined with the fact our guides are likely going to stay closed the remainder of the season..questioning that effort on my part but here is the white cheek so far

View attachment 20200328_212916.jpg

D. Hinton

I recently made a workbench top like that. In order to cut the ends off I rented a 10" circular saw and was able to get good clean cuts up to 3 1/2". My 8" saw wouldn't cut deep enough. The rental center had a 16" circular saw but I didn't need that much capacity.

Eric

Thanks Eric,
Cool to know. I was going to address that last..been trying to think about how to tackle that in the back of my mind

Hey Dax, that will give you plenty of time until next season! Think about two or more reproductive seasons without anyone taking anything out of the population!!![w00t]

Brad

That's certainly a proven way of doing it to, for those who trust their handwork skills on a beautiful traditional workbench. I'm more comfortable with tools that plug in, but am warming up to hand planes, spokeshaves, etc..

Eric

Senor George,
After the past 2 duck seasons here..sometimes I wouldn't think that would be too terrible of an idea up here...get a lot of new birds that aren't hammered to hell and back.

Bomber ,

I need to stay among my people. I tried moving up north once (granted it was north west)..however I was quickly run out of town in 6 months.

Those individuals had heard of southern hospitality and thought they would take advantage....they didn't know about the flip side of that hospitality [;)]

Very nice as usaual, Have to ask you why dont you use body filler , this is what i fill all my big voids on decoys that i repair for people. find it carves as it cures as well as sands well. On Soft wood i use Tuff carve.other fill is to to hard .

Bomber, there should be a bumper crop of patos next year, considering the resource is NOT being hunted this year. If so, only by locals for eating.
Other reasons for staying here-Too much caca to move, good tax base.[w00t][angelic]

Back