What's on your Work Bench ? OCTOBER 2018

Steve, thanks, as always for posting the shots. I DID neglect to mention that the youngster was a young lady, who did an admirable job. I just did not want her trying to hog out the big stuff on the head.[;)]
Good to see youngsters stay focused on a task!
Hopefully, I will see some of them again. A small bunch showed an interest in being mentored, as I don't teach. Gave THAT up when I retired, and even that was pretty much a problem solving situation for the kids and ME![whistle]

My attempt of a Ward Bros copy. My friend phil drew up the pattern and we both carved two birds. We will swap one of those two with each other. I used license in them when painting to get the colors I wanted. Hand tooled this set, no foredom work at all, had a lot of fun throughout the process. Hollow bass and painted in oil, varnish should set this week and they will be gunned from now on.

View attachment C538A581-9CF0-4AE1-8FA7-CC9F8F9C49D2.jpeg

Very sweet, Tom!

We Old Schoolers appreciate the hand tools....

I can't recall whether it was Lem or Steve Ward who first uttered that immortal advice: "Never bring a Fordeom to a knife fight."

All the best,

SJS

Steve - I think when George sneezes out come 12 decoys. I'll just stop right there... He's one of my favorite decoy carvers. If I didn't make my own, I'd have a rig of his decoys. I still gun some of his in my rig...

Back