where to find old motor info and parts?

Dave B

Hey guys ,

I know there is a site or two where you can look up information on old boat motors and get parts. Can someone suggest a couple please ?

I have an evinrude outboard with SN J04030 with model number 60073B

I'm looking for an impeller ( no water coming out the pee hole ) and a motor diagram.

I tried google already but most sites want the year and HP rating. I'm looking for a site where I can enter the sn and model number and it will give me that and other info.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance ,

Dave B

Last edited:
Go here with your numbers. It's in Dutch but self explanatory.

http://www.marinshopen.se/Hj%C3%A4lpmedel/Modellguide/tabid/74/Default.aspx

then with the info, go to BRP's site and get into the parts diagram section.

Not that it matters at all but I think that might be Swedish? I thin "se" is the top level country code for Sweden only computer dorks like sutton and I know that kind of stuff though. LOL

Your fellows are just wonderful, wonderful. I recently bought a 40 hr Evnrude for the pontoon boat and who knows some day I might need a part. It is one of those motors that has a separate oil tank. That is some thing new for me. I bought it second hand from a Mercury dealer. He said it didn't look good for him to have it on his pontoon boat.

I will have to get a manual. I don't know any thing about it yet except how to start it.

Thanks for all the help guys. Haven't had a chance to look it all over yet ( getting ready for a wedding this weekend ) but it definately looks like a 60 hp 1970 model. Now I just need to find time to go thru the sites listed and find the page with the blow up of the diagram for the impeller area and the part number.

thanks to all

Dave B

See if you can copy/paste this url.....it should take you directly to the lower unit picture and parts.

http://12.2.215.22/pub/default.asp?SessionId=c8978349ee1a478cbe40ab3d57912dbc&Lang=EN&brands=SKIDOO,SEADOO,ATV,SPORTBOAT,EJ

Back