WMI Carvers Duckboats hunt...

Brian F.

Just want to extend my thank you, out to Paul, and Bryan, for all the work and effort they put into getting the hunt set up for this past Saturday. We cannot control the weather nor the ducks, so we make the best of what we have! I had a fun time all the same and looking forward to a few carving sessions this winter, sitting around the stove. Paul, please tell me true, that you did get the garage roof insulated...... :)

Also, Chris F. very nice to meet you. Hope to meet up with you again.

Best,
Brian F.

Alright dammit, how did the hunt go? Blake and I broke ice and skinned the runners on the BB2....saw tons of Mallards...going somewhere. Sunday we backed the boat into what I thought was broken ice and crushed both led tail lights..they still worked though.... didn't get a shot.

it was 44F, calm wind, and bright sunshine when we were pulling up the long-lines... Real ducky weather.... Ha!

The company was very good and the in-the-blind biscuits and gravy was a real treat....
We saw mallards headed to somewhere, as were the geese....
There were a few buffies around on the lake, and a nice squadron of goldeneyes that humbled me, on their one and only fly-by...

What a difference a day makes.... Justin K. and I laid out in a cornfield yesterday afternoon in the blowing snow. Were it not for really poor shooting, 2 of us should have easily had our mallard limit before sunset. A lot of fun to see those ducks just materialize out of the snow-fog headed right for the decoys. We ended the day with 4 drakes and a hen, on the strap. Didn't see nor hear a goose though...? :-(

Last edited:
poking fun at a man's shooting prowess.... dirty pool ol' chap. 100% spot on, but underhanded nonetheless.....lol

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Brian! It was good to have you guys down. Maybe next time the ducks will cooperate a bit. With all the ducks and ice on the lake, I thought for sure we'd have some good shooting. Someone must have told them where was safe!

Chris, You definitely deserve an A for effort. Must have been cold in the truck Friday night. Next time, head into the library, turn the heat on, and sleep on the couch! Me casa su casa. Thanks for the books, they will be put to good use.

BTG, thanks for the gear, the chow, and the scouting. Try to bring Robinson back in one piece next weekend.

Lee Harker, you missed the best biscuits and gravy...ever.

Back