You Know The Kid In My Avatar?

Thanks Eric...I appreciate that.

I'm really getting the itch to get back out and do some duck hunting again. I bought a new shotgun back in 2018 to go duck hunting with and I have shot it once since then. I killed a nice turkey this past spring with my duck gun. Which is only right since I hunted ducks for years with my turkey gun.

That's great, I'm envious! I've been chipping away at the degree I need to gain a professional license. Having kids & family stuff besides a full-time job, it's not easy or quick.

What's he planning to do with the degree? I.e. has he already got a job lined up?

Derek

He thinks he'd like to be in commercial real estate but is open to any good opportunity. His degree is Bus. Mgmt. He carried a heavy load this fall to graduate before spring and have the entire duck hunting season off, his only chance until he retires. So he's going to update his resume and start sending it out in January and hope to land something after Jan 31. I suspect it will take several months to get his first job. We'll see.

Thanks.

Eric

Last edited:
Good luck to Thomas in his job search. Makes sense to me the way he graduated. He should definitely spend as much time out on the water job hunting....

Is that also a goldeneye in the picture?

Yep, good catch! I was too busy looking at the canvasbacks, didnt even notice the GE on the deck!

I' like the way he thinks, but it is going to have to be some good job to keep himself head-to-toe in that Sitka. :).

Yes, he shot a hen G'eye too. Or maybe a juvie drake. I didn't see it before he cleaned it.

He lusted after the Sitka waders for years after I bought mine. Finally last summer he splurged for a pair with his summer job money. I know I'm on my 4th or 5th season and have yet to have an issue. Just like the good old days of US made waders that lasted. I've never had luck with Chinese waders and that's about all there is except Sitka and Chene.

Eric

Back