ZTW build

Very nice!!

I've posted a few pictures of the one I built about twenty years ago.

I must have done it right, because my photos look like yours!

I like how you are using modern adhesives. When I built mine, I actually used real resourcinol (sp) glue. Super adhesive, bu what a pain. After mixing, it has about a ten minute shelf life.

The hardest part is done.

As a matter of fact, I would like to build another and if time permits, may do so this summer.

Good luck with it. Looks great so far!

Larry,

The boat looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for posting your progress.

Ryan

Great build & yall getting it done fast! A thought, I don't see any limber holes in the ribs for water drainage, maby I'm missing something, but it will be a royal pain in the arse to have to remove water from between each set of ribs daily. Just a thought before the decking gets installed.
Dennis

Dennis brings up a GREAT idea.

The only thing I would change or add to my build would be limber holes for drainage. It's a real pain in the you know what to keep tabs on all of the water in the bottom during and after a hunt. After climbing in and out a few times with waders on, it adds up fast.

Just a thought for future builders.

Larry the build looks great can't wait to see it finished!

Is there enough room in there for a dog or is it strictly a 1 man boat?

CraigS

That is exactly why my next one is going to be a Devlin Scaup or most likely a BB3. The drainage problem is a real pain. I have a Armstrong Broadbill that I built about 10 years ago and it is a fine boat except for the lack of drainage. I have limber holes even larger than the plans call for and I have to pull the floor 2 or 3 times a season. You know the drill with the dog, mud, donut bags and hulls under the deck. An answer may be floatation foam level w/ the tops of the ribs?? Good luck. Other wise great work and thanks for sharing.

Here is todays progress. We thought about the limber holes but for now they are a no go.

IM001566.jpg

IM001569.jpg

IM001568.jpg

IM001571.jpg

IM001570.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z180/lbandardie/IM001571.jpg

Thanks, the man cave is in bad shape. Moved the boat to the main shop (not heated) yesterday. Started cleaning the man cave up. It is going to take a while. No glass on the inside. Just primed painted and a paint seal. You are right about the SxS John. I have a old Fox that will make that boat look real good regardless who built the boat.

I've been following your ZTW....just finished reading Mr Taylor's book last night... I grew up sailing/ sinking 3 Perrine BBSB's out of Forked River NJ...this looks like it would be a fantastic utility boat, w/o the maintenance....using plywood and glass will cut down on post season repairs! I have frozen my butt off in December with a popped seam, many times!
I am currently building/ modifing a Pintail (Svenson's) with a Carstens Puddler...so we're breathing the same fumes! Please keep updating your ZTW build, I might have to due a sailing version, soon!

Thanks Bob and Jim. I will be using her on some of the lakes around s Ohio and Indiana. We own WRP land in s. Indiana that has a old oxbow lake off the Wabash river. It also has frontage on the Wabash. I hope to get down there a little more in the next few years. Maybe a trip out to Nebraska and hit some of the small DU marshes.
Trimmed coaming sanded and primed Friday.
IM001573.jpg

Getting some Class on her today Dan. Took a week off and worked on the shop. I added a wall for a dust free paint and reloading room. Went to Delphi Indiana and picked up a jet dust collector. I will get some new pictures up soon.

David Clark it was nice meeting you at Westlake. Thank you for the tips and information.

Back