July workbench

Painting today in the heat. No AC but have a fan.

Repaints from the rig and some new ones I'm still finishing up.

by2une9u.jpg

One of my older decoys from the rig. Great memories of friends in those shot holes.
ru8edaju.jpg

great work. amazing that the heat drives us all in to paint, at least I have AC!!!! The cave the wife and kids forced me into is nice and cold all summer long.

A trio of reds in oil, two in cork and one in wood. Still a few issues with the pattern, eyes are off a little and the paint needs some work along with body lines with slight changes. If you have any other critiques let me know

B21E9DF1_zps28430cda.jpg

Thanks Tom,
Really like the redheads. Did you paint the eyes? The Can I sent you was only the second set of eyes I've ever mounted. I'm not sure which way I will go.

Brandon, I like the latest group of birds you're doing. When I carve I always make all of the same breed at one time,don't know if I could mix it up as you do!!
Good stuff, John

Finally have a place to work on some dekes, now that I have a place to work in my new digs. Very rusty but here is the first bird I've started in around 3 years, and my first "workbench" post:

My shop, thanks to my lovely lady who told me to clear it out and make it a shop. 12x16 and she keeps telling me that I need to insulate it and find a wood stove before the snow flies. I think I'll keep her.

Jim~

Congratulations on the new shop!

I really like this bird - great pose and proportions. Will it be a Black or Mallard?

All the best,

SJS

Thanks Steve,

Not sure on the paint yet. I need the practice on the mallards so I might lean that way.

Jim

Back