What laws do you commonly see broken by duck hunters?

You know there's an amendment that protects against self incrimination [;)]

J/k
I try to make sure I'm legal everytime i go somewhere. 90% of the wardens in our area are pricks. And I enjoy watching them get flustered for zero reward on their part while I wear a skit eating grin.

A couple of years ago I had some family members up for Thanksgiving. Night before rifle opener (whitetail). We were setting up blinds..had 4 kids in the back of the truck, the dogs..etc..real clampett type atmosphere...

Guy parked behind us...claimed we were hunting without a license...no one had theirs on them...claimed we were night hunting etc
...he went through all the motions ...my dad finally asked him, "Genius..how are you going to say were hunting when there's not a single gun in the truck?" Basically we got harassed for riding on our own land at night ..like were under some sort of martial law curfew.

Last year, a co-worker was dove hunting when they were stopped by a senior warden and a new recruit /trainee.. The trainee was checking my friend (shooting an over under)..when she was asked to show where she kept her 3rd shell...co-worker said it doesn't have a 3rd shell...co-worker said lady it's an over under ..it doesn't have a 3rd shell....lady started writing a ticket when they asked the senior warden to come over and explain to this idiot where the third shell goes.....the senior warden just closed the recruits book and they walked off ....and yes as crazy as it sounds that really happened.....

Alot of tickets are written down here for improper permits (wma maps not signed etc)

Back