Any interest in a decoy swap this Spring?

thanks Jim. I have 18 names pulled from a hat matched with numbers. If I missed anyone I will trade straight up or we can do a three trade with Jim included. I have three birds rigged and ready that I can use if needed.

When it is all done and everyone gets there birds post a photo or post a reply to let us know all is good.

I will hold out until noon for any more late entries and send the numbers off.

can't wait for Christmas in May!!!

Am I too late? I should have mine done by Monday. Painting now.

Sorry so late.... looking for and found a new job.

Mike R.

Alright fellas I got the list back from the secret number puller (Tim J). Even with a bottle promised he did not sway one bit!!!! :)

Thanks Tim for doing that and thanks for all who put in birds, we got a lot of great decoys that will be with new owners that will get shot over.
Get with who you are shipping to for addresses and please get them shipped ASAP.

1. Jeff Cassat ship to Dave Church
2. John Aug ship to Tom Modin
3. Rich Hohler ship to Jeff Cassat
4. Sean Kane ship to Wendell Avery
5.Jim Williams ship to Charles H
6. Wendell Avery ship to RC-D
7. Neil Mullins ship to John Aug
8. Matt Brooks ship to Phil Walters
9. Jeff Tarr ship to Sean Kane
10. Dave Church ship to Jeff Tarr
11. Brandon Yuchasz ship to Matt Brooks
12. Darin Clark ship to Rich Hohler
13. Tom Modin ship to Jim Williams
14. Steve Sanford ship to Neil Mullins
15. Charles H. ship to Darin Clark
16. Phil Walters ship to Scott Green
17. RC-D ship to Steve Sanford
18. Scott Green ship to Brandon Yuchasz

Thanks again, I can't wait for my package in the mail.

Last edited:
Tom - and Tim J - and all the other "swappers"~

Thanks for all of your work on this. I've sent out my 2 PMs (getting an address and giving an address).

Christmas in May or June....

All the best,

SJS

I got mine last night a beauty of a can from John Aug!!!!

Scott Green got his bird
Jeff Cassat got his bird

Jim Williams's bird has not shipped, :)

I received mine over the weekend and it is a nice addition to the trade decoys I already have. I love swapping since it is a good way to get decoys from other carvers without having to buy them. I have not received confirmation that my swap decoy arrived to its destination yet but it should have arrived yesterday. The latest addition is the buffy in the front from Darin Clark.

All~

Interesting turn of events in light of the recent USPS vs. UPS thread...

Neil Mullins received my Brant with a broken bill. I had packed it in an EXTRA-LARGE box with about a ton of styro peanuts - but USPS found a way to break the bottom half of the bill right off. So, after learning that USPS does not even train its counter staff in the insurance claim process - I had to wait overnight to speak with the Postmaster - I was also defeated by their on-line claim process. Four times it teased me almost all the way through the claim - and then would spontaneously jump back to square one. Good thing my NYS Pistol Permit does not allow me to carry when I'm seated in front of my laptop...

I had every intention of describing my experience via their website. postalexperience.com sounds like it might be a way to actually communicate ideas - but it's just a survey conducted by a third party. There are a few things about modern life I really enjoy (duckboats.net, for example) but we do race backward and downward in too many ways!

We'll work this through and Neil will wind up with a fully-restored bird - just going to take awhile.

Here it is (was?) during sea trials - before joining battle with USPS.

BrantFeeder-2013Swap_zpsf7d6355b.jpg

I'm already looking forward to the 2014 Swap!

SJS

Jim,
I would question that mallard as well but I have shot some birds over it and missed some as well so the only thing to question would be my shooting. I have had a broken bill in the past during the shipping process as well Steve and have had better luck with USPS overall. I guess its just a crapshoot!

My bird is on its way. The bird I am sending out has not been sent yet because its new owner is not home to receive it. He wanted me to wait till June to ship.

Rich~

One interesting aspect is that I USUALLY make sure that the grain runs right through the bill tip on all my heads - having observed a raft of broken bills on factory birds (old Herters, Wildfowlers) where the base apparently was the bottom edge of the board from which the head had been sawn - and so the grain would leave the lower half of the bills unsupported. I compromised on this bird because of the extreme bend in the neck. I guess it is testimony to my usual practice....On the other hand, if you could see Neil's photo, the bill was hit hard! It didn't just chip off, it was smashed. Not sure how I'll go about the repair.

But, I plan to stick with USPS, too.

All the best,

SJS

Back