July "What's on your Workbench?"

I saw a few of my pals in the Hunting and Fishing Collectibles mag; hot off the press! Hitch

Justin, Thanks, I know we are going to miss you next weekend. Take heart, if you ever pass thru Jersey on your travels, stop in. Would be happy to help you out with some tips.

Larry, Thanks, I know you see a few baldpates every year. Where I hunt someone in the group will get one or two each season, but nothing like on your stretch of coast.

Steve, glad you like it. Once in a while things fall into the right place!

John, Thanks I appreciate the comments.

Phil,
Thanks your comment made me laugh. Next time tell me how you really feel, LOL ;>)

photo-48.jpg

Working on my first decoy - Lesser Scaup - from Duckblind Kit. Learning a lot and enjoying the process.

Last edited:
Awesome work again this month by everyone and kudos to John for keeping this thread alive and showing off his amazing talents. I especially like Dave's snuggler and Pat's screaming GWT. Jodi, your talent is inspiring and I can't wait until this weekend so I can get some tips to take me to the next level. Here are a few I finally finished and I put Pat's techniques to work that he so willingly shared with a bunch of us over a year ago on this hen bluebill. The great thing in all of this is that even though we learned these techniques with acrylics, they can be applied to other mediums as well. There is always a lot of controversey over acrylics vs. oils and cork vs. cedar but they all have their place here.

cedar drake woody in oils
View attachment IMG_4719.JPG

cedar bluebills in oil
View attachment IMG_4718.JPG

Awesome work again this month by everyone and kudos to John for keeping this thread alive and showing off his amazing talents. I especially like Dave's snuggler and Pat's screaming GWT. Jodi, your talent is inspiring and I can't wait until this weekend so I can get some tips to take me to the next level. Here are a few I finally finished and I put Pat's techniques to work that he so willingly shared with a bunch of us over a year ago on this hen bluebill. The great thing in all of this is that even though we learned these techniques with acrylics, they can be applied to other mediums as well. There is always a lot of controversey over acrylics vs. oils and cork vs. cedar but they all have their place here.

cedar drake woody in oils

cedar bluebills in oil

Rich , Nice work, Woodie looks great............

It looks like it requires quite a few remote controls to paint in oils. Maybe I'd have more patience with enough video to keep me distracted for a few days.

Looks great. I especially like the blue-wings.

Back