July "What's on your Workbench?"

Thanks Guys! Here a couple of pics of the Black Duck and herring gull finished.

1024x1024-1841384.jpg

1024x1024-1841385.jpg

Wow, the decoys keep getting better and better on here. Sort of makes me glad I don't do much carving anymore. :)

I haven't had a fish painting on here for a while, here's a bass on a dock I'm working on right now. About a third to half done I suppose.

0714012008.jpg

Tim

awesome birds by everyone.

got off my butt and into the furnace yesterday. sealed them tonight will base this weekend and get to painting since it is HOT here.

P1030439.jpg

P1030440.jpg

borrow ditches from the railroad behind the house are great for snakes and skeeters. snake dope is in the corner of the garage with a new edge on it.

Here's a GW Teal I'm donating to the St. Clare Flats Show next month. We decide on a species and all carve one for the rig. The will be auctioned off individually to support the show. It is carved from White cedar and painted with Jansens acrylics. The only airbrushing was on the crest and around the eyes, the rest is scrub painted and dry brushed.

CIMG0015.jpg

CIMG0016.jpg

Jon - this is by far my favorite decoy you have ever posted. I love that simple body form. Excellent work

Last edited:
Finished the bass...unless I see something over the next few days before I varnish it. This is for my great nephew who caught his first fish all by himself earlier this year, a largemouth on a spiderman rod.

GEDC1102-1.jpg

Some of July's work.All hollow cedar and acrylic. The Wigeon and Gadwall were influenced by Jode Hillman's work.

CIMG4555.jpg
[/img]
CIMG4549.jpg
[/img]
CIMG4558.jpg
[/img]

Thanks Sean...I'll give that a go on the next batch. These are the types of things I need to hear..... I dont have any mentors.

Back