may workbench

Man I drug my feet on these but my 9th and 10th birds are "officially" finished and ready to hunt. They'll sit here awhile till I carve/paint the next ones better. :)

Thank you for the kind word guys. Steven, I hunt the beach for Brant in Humboldt Bay. I'll rig her so she's facing the beach coming in to grit. Can't wait for Nov.

Working on this little delaware river style buffie...might start carving wings into alot more birds in the future
45B98FAC-A1C8-47D3-B275-1877C53E02B0_zpsuchouqtn.jpg

89CB72AC-0C5D-4FCC-A302-6FCC401D3FCA_zpss06exl8y.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsnidw85zy.jpg

A couple GWT I am glad to have finished for a couple friends. I'll probably put a wash on them but otherwise they're done. Also, what's the consensus? Tack eyes or no eyes at all?

WOW. If those are only your 9th & 10th birds, you truly have "the gift"!!!
Cant wait to see more.

Andrew - By the time the ducks figure out they don't have eyes, you should be shooting. What's the point? Just my 2 cents...

Nice work! pg

Last edited:
LOL I really like that last one Pat. I'm a sucker for popping the grain. When are you going to get busy and paint those teal in the background? I see some eyes on those;-)

Carving 20 of them. Have 7 more to carve before paint. On deck, a dozen scaup, then redheads, then cans. 50 total before season. Some mallards and blacks in there even a spoony... Some with eyes, some without...

Back