may workbench

Can't believe this fell to the second page. Back to the top.

Here is a gwt I just finished. This bird will be donated for raffle today to Eric's Clay Shoot. A fundraiser for Liam's Lighthouse Foundation. Hope it brings in some money for them.

Tom-

That is a fine little green winger. Shoot me a PM and let me Know details on the raffle and if we can buy from a distance. Or, just elsewhere in SouthNJ.

Chad A.

I have been noodling this in my mind for a couple years. Wanted something to secure the shotgun, and keep the push pole and dipping net handy when I need to go retrieve birds or chase cripples. When we hunt the stationary blinds, often my BBSB is the retriever as it hides well behind and is quick to get moving. I wanted something that could be stowed away when not in use, look somewhat period, and not be too much a hazard to be impaled on!

This was my first attempt. Turned out too small to hold the gun stock.

IMG_0468.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0467.jpg
[/URL]

So I made a second!

IMG_0471.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0470.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0469.jpg
[/URL]

These will be smoothed a little more, then primed and painted. Then leather wrapped to protect the boat and the guns. The finished product will be a few months out!

Good morning, Dave~

Nice design!

I have wrapped things like this is leather - but another alternative is to use decoy line - especially if it's tarred. Wind (seize) it tight over a bed of tar or caulk or even old-fashioned friction tape.

All the best,

SJS

I do believe that TWO NEW SPECIES for the site this month....first was the Grouse and now the Mexican Duck.....

And if that Mexican Duck isn't just the purdiest thing it will most certainly do till it shows up......gives me yet another reason to show up in Al's front yard one morning and be sitting in the passenger seat of the Mule when he comes out to "release the hounds" to go hunting in the deep and treacherous waters of the frozen Desert.....been way too many years since I shot a Mexican Duck.....and I bet if we tried hard we could find some Quail on the way back to the house.....

I love the way your simple lines give depth and suggest feather groups like they do Steve.....careful or ne day I'll show up on your doorstep looking for painting lessons.....be afraid on that cause I'm a really slow study.....

Steve

If by chance you do end up at the back door, not a problem. We will get Habi and Chip into the back seat of the Mule and ride in comfort to the duck hunting site.

As for quail, I'll bet I see a minimum of 30 to 50 every day and I'm talking just pairs. Very seldom do I see a covey at this time of the year. With our recent rains lending to a good humidity rate hopefully they will have a successful hatch.

I can hardly wait for the Mexican duck decoy to get here.
Al

Sort of duck related since i am brushing up on my airbrush skills before attempting to paint a decoy with it. I used to paint lures, and got paid well for it, but put it all away over 7 years ago because the fun had gone away. Here are some lures off of my bench so far.....

Thank guys! Soon i will be seeing what i can do with a decoy!

Bob, i put them in "backwards" because i like how they look that way. Reminds me of the eyes of a Storm Arashi square lip crankbait.

Back