My new boat well 1978 Lund new to me

Not much exciting on the project lately, we did get the rear deck lid built and welded
and the new gordy ramp designed and built, attached and functions. I didnt take any
better pics before pulling it off for paint and hydroturf so I will ad them latter. I think
it will work well just have to teach the user how to use the new entry point. Going
from bow to trans will be interisting. hes a odd dog. lol

315746_2373716312007_1523539454_2614591_1178775494_n.jpg

It is hinged on 2 nice thick pcs of alum angle bolted to the trans and 2 SS shoulder bolts
act as the pivot. This also makes it easy to take off when season is over. The 2 chains
act as the support and will be covered with a nylon tube material to keep them quite
and not scratch up my purty boat lol.

Deck lid was re-inforced underside for DOG or Small person to walk on if needed. just have
to decide what kind of sticker im gona put on the bottom of the ramp step that folks
can see when going down the road or on the water........ hmmmmmmmmmm BACK OFF
maybe or Divers RULE and Puddlers SUCK.

Gona need a taller light also.. so GOOD THING I didnt coat it with bedliner yet :)

Last edited:
Hi Dave. I was gonna ask you about that shiney light! After our talk last time, I went ahead and coated mine with the bedliner stuff. Works great, though I haven't gotten the opportunity to see how the grip will do pulling up on a frozen in light. Should work fine. Only a couple more months and I get to do that - yeah!!!!! Trip.

Few new pics got the Ramp back from paint and hydroturf today. The boat was cranked up on the tounge jack so looks like a steep angle but its not. Gordy went up and down a few times. I think will work out great. Got the reat deck lid cover also.

The nylon tubes to cover the chain worked well. A few lil things to tweak on that and we will get out and PRACTICE on the water for gordy.

Last edited:
Looks really good Dave. Gordy will tae to it just fine. Is that boat really rated for 8 people?

Take care,

Ed

THE BLIND, Simple and got the idear from another DHBP member. Thanks Jeff

Mocked up the idear in wood fisrt to get the heights right
so it didnt hang in or over the gunnels.

Simple yet functional for Diver hunting

In 1" heavy wall aluminum

Got the cover custom made and sewn up by the
guys at Phowler Boats here in Clinton

The attached it to the hull with snaps and 2" wide
velcro around the top blind rail. There is a nylon buckle
strap that goes on the front that hold tension on the 2
sides so that if its windy it does not fold down on its own.

When sitting on the seat it hits me about shoulder
height I can shoulder and shoot my gun seated
at 2 feet off the deck. That's right where I wanted it.
Its a lil shorter than the blind on my old rig and that
is fine.

When down the fabric folds down in and I put a couple
pcs of PVC conduit in the fabric to keep it from blowing
about down the road.

I think it will work out just fine..... Will get to use it
in a couple of weeks when the real good ducks arive here.

Last night he decided to take a water bottle in the rig
and remove the cap lol. I think he has gotten
comfortable with the new rig.

Dave, I have enjoyed watching you build that rig. What a great new life for an old boat. I like it a lot and it should serve you well. I would love to see pics when it gets into action. Now go paint that light pole and blind parts with bed liner!!!!!! Trip.

lol, last night i bit the bullet and painted the CMC oh god that hurt lol. Light pole is next
I think its JUST tall enough to clear the doggie ramp under way. I cant wait to get
somebuffie blood on her for sure. I think gordy will do better sitting on the back deck
he can mark and GO when the bird is down. He can sit and see over with no problems.

Season started today but its all sissy ducks for at least 10 more days.... tick tock tick tock

I keep teasing you about painting stuff, but I cant bring myself to paint the motor on my big boat. It looks so good in factory paint even if it is a 1999. It looks almost new and runs that way!!!! Everything else that doesn't move outta the way on its own when I look at it gets painted. Trip.

The blind poles are not going to be painted! I refuse and

Gorilla tape now has Cammo Tape :) that will work just fine
and wont chip and stuff. Maybe next hear I will bedliner them
but then again the Gorilla Tape prolly wont come off!!!!

I cammo duct taped a push pole lasted 3 years that way.

My dogs Rex and Shah love the water bottles Dave; first thing - the cap gets ejected. It keeps their teeth clean and good they spit out the little plastic burrs, bad for my feet when I step on them. Boat looks good Dave! Hitch

Back