One more introduction

Keith,
Nice to have you here. I thought that looked like a Sea Skiff in your book.
Very nice rig and I look forward to your contributions.

Keith

Thank you for the introduction and deciding to make this website a new hangout. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Eric

Last edited:
Hi John, THank you. I can't wait to hear about your first carved decoy. There is nothing more exciting to me as an artist/instructor to see the excitement in someones eyes after they have carved their first decoy! If there is anything that I can do to help, pleasae let me know!

Best Regards,

Keith

Thank you Geoff, also glad you are enjoying the book. The sea skiff is a fabulous boat, and we had a great time hunting from it.......it surely carries a whole bunch of eider decoys! I am also looking forward to contributing on this forum....it will take me awhile to get used to it, and as soon as I do, I will be posting often.

Regards,

Keith

THank you John and Eric, I appreciate your welcome. I am looking forward to contributing and posting images of my work, just give me a little time to get used to this forum. My computer skills are limited, but I will do my best.

Thanks again,

Keith

Welcome Keith. I am glad you found this forum! I was really starting to miss your post's. I almost feel somewhat of a DCF invasion here! Not a bad thing. I think everyone will appreciate your input for sure. I was telling Tom Newell about this forum last night, hopefully he'll come over as well. Take care, Eric.

Thank You Pat, I appreciate that! Great birds......I especially like the pintails and the hoodies. Your pintails have a very artistic "eye appeal" with great compositional form, yet carry the species specific personality of the real birds. Just beautiful! Thank you for showing me......I hope to see more!

Thanks again,

Keith

Thank you Eric, I really appreciate that! I will be posting quite often, just need to get in the groove. I will talk to Tom tomorrow, and I am sure his great input will come over here as well!

Good to hear from you!

Keith

Thanks for the kind words Keith. Got 6 more to cut out to put into my rig this year. Hollow white cedar bodies and white pine heads. If you're ever in Illinois, come hunt the great Illinois River with us... God bless! Pat

Welcome Keith, good to have you here!!Hope to see you at a C.W.A. event soon, I'm just starting my donation.You should post a picture of your sea skiff,I think the people here would love to see that unique boat.Enjoy the forum. John P.

Last edited:
Welcome Keith,

I would like to congratulate / thank you for your very inspiring book. My favorite mother-in-law gave it to me for Christmas! Looking forward to the next addition!

I have since started a Surf Scoter rig,
I know that there are few Scoter here in Iowa but ya never know....

Thanks again and looking forward to see more of inspiring work,
Craig

Welcome aboard Keith.

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
I tried to post an image, but it didn't appear......I am not familiar with the procedure.

You are not the first to say this but after a few tries you should find it quite easy. Using an online photo account and linking from that, seems to be the best option for posting pictures to this forum.
[/font]

Hi John,

How are you? Did you have a good sea duck season? I spent quite a bit of time with my camera this year, and there were good bunches of eiders and scoters around, but not in the ususal places. There were many small flocks of eider all along the CT coast this year (and I counted a few hundred), from Stonington to Norwalk (and a few farther West). I even photographed four king eiders in CT this year....that was a bonus!

I will post images of the sea skiff as soon as I figure out how. With all the help I received from many members here, I know I will get it soon.

TTYL,

Keith

Thank you Craig, I am very happy that you are enjoying my book.....and it inspired you. I would love to see those skunkhead decoys when you finish them......they are a favorite species of mine. Years ago when the sea duck season opened in CT, white wing scoters were dominant, surf scoters were less abundant, but they would stay later in the season. But now surf and common scoters have become more dominant in our area replacing the white wings. In Maine where I used to hunt ....at the break of dawn, the surf scoters would pour off the ocean in endless flights that numbered in the thousands heading for the mussel beds of the inner bays (such as I mentioned in my book)......it was an awesome sight!

Please post some images of your skunkheads as you work on them.

Best,

Keith

THank You Huntindave, I have some time later today, and I am going over the procedure.....I hope to post a few images then. Thanks for the help. Keith

Back