September "What's on your Workbench?"

Thanks Dave!

Bill - That common merg is reminiscent of Ferdinand Bach. Also, sweet little ruddies...

Just carved some Illinois River style mallards from great grandpa's 1920 pattern. One is a drake going to the Lockport Duck Club here on the Illinois River. The other is a black mallard going to my good friend Tim Speight. I thank God for the legacy my great grandpa left me. Leave one to your kids and grandkids...

Pat - great talking to you yesterday, really looking forward to the drake. Hadn't seen this post earlier, he's looking pretty sharp.

Tom

been a slow summer for me on the carving front. Been working on a Black Scoter head and Surf Scoter head this week.

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

Last edited:
Jode those blacks are gorgeous!! Love the carving but I love your painting even more. Maybe a case of beer and you can show me a thing or two. LOL.

Larry, good start. Check your PM's.

Maybe a case of beer and you can show me a thing or two. LOL.

LOL thanks guys,

A case of beer was my door fee from my mentor for quite awhile.........I think he's up to a good bottle of Patron' now though...............

LOL thanks guys,

A case of beer was my door fee from my mentor for quite awhile.........I think he's up to a good bottle of Patron' now though...............

Sean drinks Patron now, figured him to be more of a JD drinker! lol

Last edited:

LOL thanks guys,

ahhh, i'll up it to 2 cases if it'll get me in your door with brushes in hand.

awesome black ducks jode, justin

Lots of offers for beer Jode! Name your price or brew and I bet we could have a nice duckboats.net painting class! LOL

Thanks Sean.When I get some scratch together i'd like to learn how to paint in oils. Your work is so inspiring.

Is that picture of the black duck what they call a "sneak peak"? :D

Back