June - What's on your workbench ??????

Joe et al~

Here are the Final Four - more Al McCormick Broadbill from the same rig I posted last month. Those Sleepers are sweet.

McCormick%204_zpsixz6zhiw.jpg

Back to LI in a couple of weeks.

SJS

Basswood, very clean and tight grained "stuff" via these folks:

http://www.heineckewood.com/contactus.htmou

The heads and bills received a coat of epoxy resin rather than a two coats of sealer. Eyes were set in five minute epoxy.

I installed nearly all 25pairs of the Schoepfer 900 series 8mm eyes I purchased that were "seconds" . Very minor flaws in all but one pair of the eyes. One eye was slightly undersized and out-of-round. The other had a black fleck in the iris. I used them to repair a couple of existing block with damaged eyes.

Last edited:
I like it ... Al did just a short line, like a dash ... I like painted eyes on Broadbills ... from 5 feet you cant tell they are paint not glass eyes.

Jake glad to hear that! I still have some redheads and bills as well, they will need repainting after this year.

Hope all is well your way!

Denis, you may have missed my "workbench" post that I posted on June 1:

http://duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=284547;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;

Nice to see a bunch of folk posting in this thread. I'm a big fan of people posting their monthly projects in one thread rather than multiple ones.....I like seeing what everyone is doing and not having to scroll through lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of threads to check it all out....maybe that makes me lazy but I still like the huge variety of the "what's on my workbench" threads when there are LOTS of folk posting to that type of thread....makes it very fun....

I agree 100% Dani. I haven't revisited many of the individual threads because there are so many so I miss the recommendations as well as updates and progress. I hope July brings back the community workbench thread in its previous vigor and glory

I agree 100% Dani. I haven't revisited many of the individual threads because there are so many so I miss the recommendations as well as updates and progress. I hope July brings back the community workbench thread in its previous vigor and glory

Will, I see this as an excellent opportunity for you to start the July thread with your workbench contributions as I don't remember reading one from you! Very excited to see what you have.

T

Just my opinion tod. I apologize for attempting to take the spot light off you and your personal opinions

Last edited:
Just my opinion tod. I apologize for attempting to take the spot light off you and your personal opinions

So, are you not planning on doing the July workbench?

I plan on asking some questions, offering some advise and maybe handing down some compliments. I'm purchasing a new home and have no time for duck related projects at this juncture in my life. I could put some decoys on some moving boxes to make the moving process duck related and then belittle anyone that wants to defy my own personal opinion and put links to my thread in other people's thread to draw the attention back to myself. I seem to remember a long time member doing something similar very recently

I plan on asking some questions, offering some advise and maybe handing down some compliments. I'm purchasing a new home and have no time for duck related projects at this juncture in my life. I could put some decoys on some moving boxes to make the moving process duck related and then belittle anyone that wants to defy my own personal opinion and put links to my thread in other people's thread to draw the attention back to myself. I seem to remember a long time member doing something similar very recently

So that is a no. Maybe some day. I'll be looking for it! Best of luck with the move!

You sir appear to be a pompous ass who likes nothing better than to try and belittle anyone who does not follow your profile of a poster! Unless you turn this into pay per view, you will have to accept the lowly trolls that don't conform! There are probably as many lurkers here as regular Todd towing members who fear your almighty wrath. Move on.
Tom

Back